Cultural Exchange Program
Unparalleled cultural immersion. A chance to perfect (or to start learning) your Mandarin.
The experience of a lifetime. These are the cornerstones of Early Bird’s Cultural Exchange Program.
With Early Bird, be paired with a host family in China based on mutual interest, and live with the family as a family member during your program for 2, 3, 6, or 12 months. In exchange for your time informally teaching English to your host sibling(s), you will be given the opportunity to experience the language and culture in a way that you otherwise would never be able to.
1. Between the ages of 18 and 29 (outstanding candidates outside of this age range will also be considered)
2. At least a high school graduate (or will graduate before starting the Early Bird program)
3. A native English speaker or a non-native speaker who is highly proficient in English
4. No criminal record
5. Committed to participate in a 3-, 6- or 12-month program (2 or 3 months for Summer/Winter Program)
6. Positive, loves children, open to other cultures, passionate, flexible, assertive, willing to adapt to new situations, cheerful, understanding, tolerant
7. Eager to learn about Chinese culture
8. Cultural Exchange visa application requires applicants of Cultural Exchange Program are citizens of USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Czech, Denmark, Ireland, or France.
1. Teaching English to your host family, particularly the family's child(ren)
2. Sharing your own culture with your host family
3. Sending bi-weekly teaching plan and feedback report to the program
4. Participating in host family events
Cultural Exchange Program Description:
Duty Hours: 30 hours per week
With the Cultural Exchange Program offered by Early Bird Cultural Exchange, you will enjoy the following for free:
1. Room and board (3 meals per day), free Internet in the host family's household
2. Chinese language classes and HSK Test (National Chinese Language Test) support
3. Monthly stipend for personal expenses: 2000RMB every month (extra 1000 RMB monthly is awarded when the program is completed succesfully)
4. Flight Allowance: 3000 RMB flight allowance will be awarded for completing a 2-3 month Cultural Exchange Program, a round trip flight ticket awarded for completing a 4 or more months Cultural Exchange Program. (The ticket will be paid/refunded at the end of the program or purchased by Early Bird at the end of the program.)
5. Off days: 1.5 days off each week
6. Travel activities
7. Personal accident insurance throughout the entire program, covering treatment for sicknesses which require hospital stays and treatment for accidents
8. Airport pickup
9. Orientation training, including a welcome package (transportation card, SIM card, city map, and more)
10. Cultural Exchange Program Certificate and Chinese Language Certifiacte
But most importantly, you will enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
Our Host Families are usually located in one of these locations: